Top Five World Class Golf Destinations
Golf has long been one of the most popular past-times for the movers and shakers of the world. It has now trickled down to the masses and appeals to people from all backgrounds. While many vacation destinations have at least one golf course, there are some regions of the world where golf is not just an area interest but a tourist spot. Here are five of the top world class golf destinations in the world.
1. The Old Course: St. Andrews, Scotland. Often considered the birthplace of golf, Scotland has a number of beautiful courses but The Old Course is – surprise! – among the oldest, having been built in 1850. It is a consistent host of the Open Championship and offers a challenging, counter-clockwise course design. It has 112 bunkers and one of the largest greens of any course.
2. Dunes Golf & Beach Club: Myrtle Beach, S.C. This is the area’s most respected golf clubs, designed by Robert Trent Jones and built in 1948. Each hole is named with a distinctive title that lets the golfer know what challenges they will face on that hole. Most people are familiar with the “Waterloo” hole of par-5 #13 that involves a sharp dogleg around Lake Singleton.
3. Pebble Beach Resorts: Monterey Peninsula, California. Most people recognize Pebble Beach from hearing about it on television or from the popular video game. It is a course with a unique beauty, boasting greens that slope and fairways that hug the coastline. Pebble Beach has been ranked the #1 Public Golf Course for 2015/2016 by Golf Digest.
4. Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa: Puerto Rico. This resort has two of the best golf courses in the world. They are situated on a beautiful Spanish estate from hundreds of years ago. It borders a Caribbean beach and a 28,000 acre tropical rainforest, making the scenery alone worth the visit.
5. PGA National Resort and Spa: Palm Beach Garden, Florida. This is one of the most renowned American golf courses, and a regular host of the PGA Senior Championships. This resort has five tournament-quality courses and a 40,000-square-foot spa to go along with a top-rated golf academy.
There you have it, the five most extravagant golf destinations! For more golf news, continue reading our blog, reach out to Advantage Hole in One for golf promotions, event & contest coverage. We are your one stop Golf Hole in One Insurance provider, give us a call at (800) 440-5070.