“The 60th PGA Merchandise Show, held Jan. 23-26 in Orlando, Fla., celebrated its six-decade history while launching what many believed to be the most vibrant PGA Show Week in recent history to begin a strong 2013 for the golf industry. The 2013 PGA Merchandise Show brought together more than 1,000 companies and brands introducing new and innovative golf equipment, apparel, accessories and services to more than 43,000 attending PGA Professionals, buyers and industry leaders from 75 countries. The activity on the PGA Show floor and at surrounding events is a great start to the 2013 golf season.”
2013 PGA Show Exhibitors – Advantage Top Five Pick:
1. Club Crown – Professionally installed high-tech films which allow the golfer to customize their driver, fairway wood, or hybrid golf club. The film overlay is patented and removable. You can change the look of your club every week, month, or year. They also help protect the club from sky marks or nicks from everyday use.
2. Voice Caddie – Voice Caddie is the first voice guided golf GPS range finder in the world. With just one touch of the button here the distance to the center of the green. Because of its small size you can clip it to your hat or belt. There is no subscription required and it has thousands of courses pre-loaded.
3. AboutGolf – The most realistic virtual golf experience in the world. They are more then just a golf simulator. AboutGolf is out to improve the golfers game everyday through learning and development. They use what they call 3Trak to gather club data during the swing as the club approaches the ball. High-speed 3D cameras gather images of the ball and the club at up to 2300 frames per second. All of this adds up to one of the best simulated experiences in golf simulation on the market today.
4. NO1 Golf – For a more consistant and accurate swing, NO1 Grip has discovered the importance of re-gripping. Similar to the concept of re-shafting for a faster club head speed, NO1 Grip will help the golfer “re-grip” and maximize playability. K.J. Choi, and Y.E. Yang on the PGA tour both use the grip. The grips at the display were in a bucket of water. They pulled one out wiped it down a few times and it was as tacky as it was when it was dry. They come in various colors and sizes.
5. Nexbelt – Belt holes often do not match the size of the person. Nexbelt changes that with their technology. Holes wear out and do not provide a clean look to a belt. Nexbelt changes that with “PreciseFit”. It is their innovative ratcheting system, which allows 1/4″ adjustments compared to the pin/buckle system which allows only 1″ adjustments. PreciseFit gives you the perfect fit every time. Waist lines are not the same every day and fluctuate in between meals, Nexbelt’s solution with PreciseFit is the answer.